What is Math in the Mail?
Math in the Mail is a FREE program that focuses on developing math skills in three-year-olds, by providing the tools needed for parents, guardians, and other caregivers.
By increasing pre-school aged math skills and confidence, Math in the Mail will help children gain the math knowledge that will help them have more positive and meaningful science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) learning experiences in the future.
What will the math kits include?
The Math in the Mail packages will include
- Materials designed for hands-on play
- A book
- Ideas for hands-on activities using the provided materials
- Ideas for extension activities using items found in any home
- 'Tools for Talking', a guide on how to use the materials provided
- Suggestions for parents and caregivers to engage children in mathematics
- A description of how these activities help children learn
Who will receive Math in the Mail?
To qualify, families must
- Live in Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland or Saginaw county
- Have a three year old child in the household (Children born 12/1/12 through 9/1/13).
- Have a household income that meets eligibility guidelines for a state and federally funded four-year-old preschool program (Head Start or GSRP Preschool)
Where can families enroll?
- Enroll online at www.mathinthemail.org OR Visit www.mathinthemail.org
- Call 989-737-9532 to enroll over the phone
- Home visiting partners, Head Start, and GSRP Preschool teachers and staff can help to enroll the families they work with
- Download and complete this form and mail it in, with proof of income found here and return or mail it to:
Math in the Mail, 3860 Fashion Square Blvd., PO Box 5679, Saginaw, MI 48603
Find Math in the Mail on
Facebook SISD Math in the Mail
Pinterest Math in the Mail
Math in the Mail is generously funded by:
Dow Corning Foundation, Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland and Saginaw Counties